Take Your Dog to Work Day is Friday, June 24, 2016June, 2016
The 2016 event will take place on Friday, June 24. The information below answers some of the most commonly asked questions about the event.
• TYDTW Day® was first celebrated in 1999. This year marks the 18th annual event.
• It was created by Pet Sitters International (PSI) to celebrate the great companions dogs make and promote their adoptions.
• The event encourages employers to experience the joys of pets in the workplace for one day to support their local pet community.
• TYDTW Day is an annual event and is always celebrated on the Friday following Father’s Day.
• It also accommodates cat lovers (and other pets) and those who cannot participate on TYDTW Day. The entire week leading up to the event, June 20-24, is Take Your Pet To Work Week™.
• Event creator PSI is the world’s largest educational association for professional pet sitters. For any day pets can’t be at work, pet owners can search PSI’s Official Pet Sitter Locator free-of-charge to find a local professional pet sitter.
• PSI feels that through the events, non-pet owners are able to witness the special bond their coworkers have with their pets firsthand and be encouraged to adopt a new best friend of their own.
• An estimated 300 businesses participated in the inaugural celebration of TYDTW Day. Since that time, America’s love affair with pets and interest in TYDTW Day has grown to an all-time high.
• PSI does not track the day’s participation rates because companies are not required to register in order to participate. However, the association’s tracking tools indicate that overall involvement around the event grows each year, with hundreds of thousands of visitors exploring takeyourdog.com each year.
• You can follow TYDTW Day on Facebook and Twitter.